ShieldPRO 14.0 Upgrade Guide
ShieldPRO 14.0 release brings several much-requested features and enhancements to the WordPress Two-Factor Authentication system.
Firstly, we're going to explain what major changes are made and which options you'd need to review.
Change 1: 2FA/MFA Changes & Improvements
All-New Two-Factor Authentication Login Screen
Example, type of the Custom Shield MFA Page
Example, type of the WP Login Page
Improved Two-Factor Authentication User Experience
Easier Access To Two-Factor Settings For Users
The standard place to manage your 2FA settings is within your WordPress User Profile page.
- 2FA settings embedded on the user profile page; and/or
- a dedicated WP admin page.
Change 2: Multi-Factor Authentication option removed
All 2FA verifications will require only 1 factor, regardless of how many providers the user has activated.
New added feature
For 14.0 release we added
For 14.0 release we've made the following improvements
- 14.0 release
- Smoother, faster, more reliable and more secure 2FA experience.
- Dedicated table for User meta information
This allows for new filters and better user status on the WP Admin User page.
- Updated Translations - Dutch (thanks J.P.!)
- Further page caching mitigation for NotBot
Updated Bootstrap Libraries
- 14.0.2 release
Integration with some 3rd party membership plugins + 2FA
- 14.0.2 release
- Alert displayed that U2F isn't support when U2F isn't in-use.
- A rare issue which Custom MFA login triggering an HTTP 402 error
- Options Search dialog failed to open (can't find-as-you-type yet)
- 14.0.3 release
- Work around WP Engine login mechanism blocking 2FA verification.
For more information on Shield 14.0 release, read this blog article here.