Shield: How to access and implement White Label settings
White Label for the Shield Security plugin provides you the ability to rename and re-brand the Shield plugin for your client site installations.
With White Label, you can own your own brand.
What is White Labeling?
White Labeling isn’t for everyone, but it gives you options. If your business is founded on the management of WordPress websites, then white labeling can help you deliver your services within a personal and unique brand.
Instead of your clients seeing our Shield Security plugin, they’ll see your plugin. They won't be aware of the middle-man and it’ll help to round out your service offering, making it more professional and holistic.
How White Label for the Shield Security plugin works
White Label is easy to use and it meets the needs of the small and larger organization.
It is designed of the following elements / options:
- Replace Plugin Badge - When using the plugin badge, replace the URL and link with your Whitelabel settings.
Plugin Name - The name of the plugin that will be displayed to your site users.
- Menu Title - The main menu title of the plugin. If left empty, the "Plugin Name" will be used.
- Company Name - The name of your company.
- Description - The description of the plugin displayed on the plugins page.
- Home URL - Plugin home page URL
- Menu Icon - The icon displayed in the main menu
- Dashboard Logo - The logo displayed in the admin pages.
Note: This dashboard logo never changes because non-security admin will never see it.
- 2FA Login Logo URL - The logo displayed on the Two-Factor Authentication login page.
Simply supply all the information needed (ensuring that the URLs for your company logos are valid and publicly accessible) and in a few seconds, your site will be updated with your new branding information.
Note: If you want to hide available Shield updates from non-security administrators, you can use additional White Label "Hide Updates" option.
To learn what happens when you enable White Label options (with examples), read the article here.
How to get access and activate White Label
White Label can be accessed from the main Shield menu, under the Security Admin module.
To activate it, simply select White Label option and click to enable it:
Important: Before you apply any of White Label settings, please make sure that Security Admin system is enabled.
Note: ShieldPRO is required for White Label for the Shield Security. To find out what the extra ShieldPRO features are and how to purchase, please follow this link here.