How to use 2FA General Configuration options
Two-Factor Authentication verifies the identity of users who login to your site - i.e. they are who they say they are.
You can use 2FA General Configuration options to:
- Choose the type of the MFA verification page:
- Custom Shield MFA page; or
- WP login page
- Specify pages available to users to configure 2FA on their account:
- WP User Profile Page
- Dedicated WP Admin Page
- Set the Two-Factor By-Pass - A user can by-pass Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for the set number of days.
- Allow users to generate a Backup Code - This backup code can be used to login if 2FA factors are unavailable.
Note: If your host blocks email sending you may lock yourself out. If that happens, please follow this guide here.
For more information on multi-factor authentication for WordPress, read the blog article here.
Note: ShieldPRO is required for Two-Factor By-Pass (2FA "Remember Me") and a Backup Code features. To find out what the extra ShieldPRO features are and how to purchase, please follow this link here.