How to reset Google Authenticator for your WordPress user account
If you have Google Authenticator set for your user account but you are unable to log into your site (for any reason), you can reset Google Authenticator for your user account by following these steps:
- Disable Shield's features by creating "forceoff" file outlined in this guide here.
- Log into your site
- Go to the Shield main Config menu > Login Protection > 2FA: OTP and make sure that Google Auth system for your WordPress site is enabled.
- Go to your WordPress profile page to disable Google Authenticator for your user account, and then save
- Go to your FTP manager and remove "forceoff" file
- Go back to your WordPress profile page to configure Google Autheticator for your user account (scan the QR code and enter your current Google Auth app code).
If you're able to log into your site and you just want to reset it, please follow the steps #3. 4, 6 only.